This LifeShine™ CeraFuse™ guarantee is valid within the United Kingdom & Ireland once registered with Autoglym, on or after 1st March 2023.
This guarantee is based strictly on the understanding that all paintwork and interior surfaces comply with the car manufacturer’s specifications and standards at the time of Autoglym LifeShine CeraFuse system application.
Vehicles covered under this guarantee are those classified as M1 passenger motor vehicles, namely those designed and constructed for the carriage of passengers and comprising no more than eight seats in addition to the driver’s seat. It excludes any vehicle used for commercial purposes.
Application of Autoglym LifeShine CeraFuse™ must be by an Autoglym-approved LifeShine application specialist.
To ensure your guarantee is valid, it must be registered within 30 days after taking delivery of your vehicle.
This guarantee covers the entire duration of your ownership of the vehicle. This guarantee is only transferable where your vehicle is sold privately within the first 12 months of ownership of your vehicle (from delivery) and an administration fee of £20 is paid to Autoglym. In order for cover to be transferred, you (as the current registered vehicle keeper and LifeShine CeraFuse™ Guarantee holder) must:
- arrange payment by telephoning Autoglym’s customer services on 01462 677 766; and
- provide any such information to Autoglym as Autoglym may reasonably request.
After the first 12 months of ownership, this guarantee is non-transferable.
Our Lifetime Guarantee
In the unlikely event that there is a noticeable deterioration in the finish of your vehicle during your ownership, Autoglym undertake to clean and reapply the LifeShine CeraFuse™ treatment to your vehicle free of charge.
Reapplication will take place in the event of general or panel by panel colour fading or noticeable deterioration in the gloss finish of the exterior paintwork, caused by UV rays, fallout, road salt, tree sap2 or bird droppings3 .
In the unlikely event that degradation or staining occurs as a result of spillage of drinks or any similar liquid during your ownership, Autoglym undertake to clean and re-apply1 the LifeShine Interior Protectant treatment to the soiled area free of charge. Reapplication will take place in the event of:
- Any permanent stains to treated fabric or leather seating as a result of spills from water, coffee, soft drinks, milk or any similar non-corrosive liquids, where the spillage has been removed immediately and the area cleaned with the Autoglym Interior Shampoo or for leather seating, Autoglym Leather Cleaner (not included in Aftercare Collection)
- Stains caused by colour or dye transfer4 (as a result of colour transfer from clothing or spillages) are only covered on leather and synthetic leather seating (including faux and alcantara). Stains occurring on fabric upholstery – see exclusions below.
- This guarantee applies only to original manufacturer’s factory fitted upholstery and carpets and to the areas to which the LifeShine interior treatment is applied, namely seating, carpets and boot area.
- Inadequate or poor preparation of the vehicle’s surfaces prior to the application of the LifeShine CeraFuse™ products;
- Defective or incomplete application of the LifeShine CeraFuse™ products.
- Neglect or lack of reasonable care or the use of cleaning procedures contrary to standards recommended at www.autoglym.com.
- Specific damage caused by use of products other than Autoglym products.
- Malicious or accidental damage including fire, floodwater, stone chips and other such material, and extreme weather conditions and their secondary effects.
- Damage caused by insect remains.
- Scratching, swirl marks and hazing caused by (but not limited to) handheld wash brushes, automated car washes or contaminated chamois and sponges.
- Any areas of a vehicle which have not subsequently been retreated or treated with Lifeshine on account of or after having been repaired or replaced as a result of accidental damage,
- Damage to surfaces by burning, inks, paints, dyes or other corrosive substances.
- Damage or stains on fabric upholstery as a result of colour or dye transfer from third party accessories or equipment such as baby seats, shopping or handbags etc.
- Ripped, torn, scratched or scraped fabric and leather.
- General wear and tear.
- Soft top convertible hoods.
- Matte or satin paint.
Autoglym will not accept liability for defects or deterioration of paintwork and upholstery caused by substandard specification, materials or workmanship by vehicle manufacturers and their operators (whether Autoglym-approved or not).
In the event of repair following road accident damage subsequent to initial LifeShine CeraFuse™ application, and in order to maintain the validity of the guarantee, the Autoglym LifeShine CeraFuse™ protection must be applied to the affected areas by your repair centre who will order a LifeShine CeraFuse™ Repair Kit direct from Autoglym; your repair centre may charge you for this service. The repair centre will require your 16-digit guarantee number so that we can record details of the repair on your original LifeShine CeraFuse™ guarantee registration.
The Autoglym Technical Service Specialists team is available to assist with all matters concerning general car care maintenance or specific technical problems. When calling or emailing please quote ‘LifeShine’ and the 16 digit guarantee number at the top of the certificate/registration document.
Tel: 01462 677766,
We hope you’ll never have to make a claim, but in the unfortunate circumstances that you do, please email the details of your claim, along with relevant photographs, your 16-digit guarantee number and your contact details to firstname.lastname@example.org or send by post to Autoglym, Works Road, Letchworth Garden City, Herts SG6 1LU. Alternatively, you can contact us here: www.lifeshine.com/contact-us.php. If you have any complaints about the guarantee or service provided by Autoglym, please contact us using the details in this section.
1 Autoglym reserve the right to inspect your vehicle, prior to reapplication and to determine whether the conditions of the Guarantee have been met. Where possible, this will be at a mutually convenient time and place, to be agreed between the parties.
2 Tree sap must be washed off within 48 hours, using an Autoglym shampoo or comparable product, otherwise etching or discolouration may occur. Failure to do so will invalidate this guarantee.
3 Bird droppings must be washed off within 48 hours using an Autoglym shampoo or comparable product, otherwise etching or discolouration may occur. Failure to do so will invalidate this guarantee. Please note that no paint finish, however protected, can withstand the prolonged effects of such a corrosive matter. Bird droppings claims are limited to two claims within the first two years of the LifeShine CeraFuse™ guarantee registration and are not covered beyond the initial two year period following the LifeShine CeraFuse™ guarantee registration.
4 Dye transfer must be cleaned within 24 hours using Autoglym Leather Cleaner or comparable product, otherwise permanent discolouration may occur. Failure to appropriately clean the affected area will invalidate this guarantee. Dye transfer claims are limited to two claims within the first two years of the LifeShine CeraFuse™ guarantee registration and are not covered beyond the initial two year period following the LifeShine CeraFuse™ guarantee registration.